Hotmail login then goes to blank page
I enter username and password into hotmail (outlook.com page) and then it redirects to blank page that eventually loads, stating there is a problem with outlook at the moment.
P/S: I had tried using Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari. My PC is running windows 10.1.
Please help me resolve my problems.
There are several troubleshooting steps that you can take to resolve this problem. Some solutions are based on fixing a problem reaching or logging into Hotmail.com
If you can login from the second computer try the following steps on the first computer:
- Clear your web browser cache and cookies.
- Update your Adobe Flash player.
- Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs, and within manage add-ons disable "DivX Plus Web Player HTML5 <video>"
- Force a page refresh. After logging in and landing on the blank page, hold down the control key on your keyboard and while holding it down press the F5 key on your keyboard.
- Internet Explorer Users: Restore the default web browser security levels.
- Download the latest version of Windows Live Essentials
- If you use Internet Explorer try using Mozilla Firefox instead. Download and install the latest Firefox and then use Firefox to go to Hotmail.com
- Check your Anti-Virus software and make sure it is up to date. If you do not have an anti-virus program I recommend installing Avast personal edition.
- Update and run your anti-spyware program. If you do not have a program that checks your computer for spyware I recommend installing, updating, and running a full scan of your computer with Spybot S&D or Malwarebytes.
- Reset your web browser privacy and security settings to the defaults.
- If you use Internet Explorer, download and reinstall the latest version of Internet Explorer. After upgrading / reinstalling Internet Explorer, try going to Hotmail.com and see if you can login.
- Instead of using your ISP's DNS servers use the OpenDNS servers.
- Instead of using the webmail interface try reading your Hotmail with Windows Live Mail
- Sometimes Hotmail is the problem, try waiting an hour and try to login again by going to Hotmail.com.
- You probably tried already, but if not, try rebooting your computer.
SOURCE : EmailQuestions